The Old Mill on Main Street - How the Farm Got its Name
There used to be an old mill powered by a waterwheel next to the farm on 645 Main Street. This is how the original farm on 645 Main Street got its name: Mill Brook Fields Farm.
These pictures are from the late 1950s or early 1960s and show the remains of the old mill which dated back to 1880. Although the building is gone, part of the foundation is still there and so is the old mill stone.
The house on 645 Main Street that belonged to the original Mill Brook Field Farm is still there. The barn has recently been rebuilt and converted into living space.
Cows used to be a familiar sight in this part of town. The cows were housed in the beautiful large white barn that is still there along Main Street.